Kenya: ADMINISTRATION OFFICER – NAIROBI, MIGORI & KISII
Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 16 Sep 2016
REPORT TO: HR & ADMIN MANAGER
SUPERVISION: Admin Assistant and Subcontracted cleaning personnel
Under the supervision of HR & ADMIN Manager, the Admin officer will maintain office systems, ensure organisational support and effectiveness by providing hands-on implementation of action plans.
- Ensure the front office, work stations, common areas, etc. are maintained, kept clean and tidy;
- Acquire and delineate organized storage space and compartments as necessary for all staff and programs;
- Manage booking of conference and meeting rooms and ensure the rooms are ready before scheduled use;
- Managing the office store, issuance of supplies to staff members and all the sites that are supported by the office.
- Allocate work related tools to staff (phones, computers, desks, stationery) as appropriate to all staff.
- Manage office customer care, office bills payments and staff credit allocations. Receive visitors, answer telephones and transfer calls to the appropriate departments or staff members.
- Receive and forward all utility bills to procurement for payment processing.
- Responsible for external dispatch and delivery of mails and parcels.
- Maintain a routinely updated register of all fixed assets and consumables.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders and verifying receipts.
- Adopt and ensure use of acceptable standards and tools for inventory management including asset registers, goods received/dispatch notes, bin cards and goods movement forms; and
- Receive and tag all items delivered to MGIC and maintain an orderly system of goods storage.
- Maintain delivery notes/Goods Received register for all supplies received and delivered to the programs.
- Advice the procurement department on quantities of items in the store and prepare a monthly report reflecting stocks purchased, distributed and replenished.
- Oversee the cleaning and tidiness of the office, repair works and ensure that all furniture is in good condition;
- Liaise with procurement to assist in air ticket bookings and accommodation.
- Receive visitors, answer telephones and transfer calls to the appropriate department or staff member.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- 1 – 5 years’ work experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure
How to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to email@example.com by September 16, 2016. Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.