Kenya: CLINICAL IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST – MIGORI & KISII
Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 16 Sep 2016
The Clinical Care Specialist will work with the Nairobi County health facility teams to ensure implementation of quality HIV Care and Treatment services. Specifically, the Clinical Care Specialist is responsible for on-site mentoring and implementation of Care and Treatment activities at supported sites.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide high quality clinical patient care including leading clinical effectiveness efforts, ensuring implementation of recommended clinical protocols and national guidelines;
- Support clinical team in management of HIV and related diseases;
- Operationalize data demand and information use at TA team level and site level;
- Onsite mentoring to clinical teams with the goal of performance improvement in the overall patient care;
- Examine facility operations and systems and recommend ways to improve outputs and outcomes;
- Represent organization in technical capacity at District level and Facility level meetings;
- Organize and facilitate trainings using National curricula;
- Evaluate outcomes of training activities and share recommendations;
- Organize and facilitate in various CMEs based on National Curricula;
- M.B.Ch.B, MD or MBBS required with significant field experience in clinical and/or community-based care of persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- Minimum five (5) years’ Experience in working in experience in HIV/ AIDS program implementation
- Experience in Health Care programming at the field level and providing technical assistance to partner organizations knowledge and experience of ART programmatic and technical issues highly desired.
- Competent in HIV service provision
- Experience managing and working within a team
- Program management experience and experience in a supervisory role is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Kenya HIV Quality Improvement Framework.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
How to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2016. Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.