Kenya: DIGITAL CONTENT OFFICER – AFRICA
Organization: World Animal Protection
Closing date: 11 Sep 2016
World Animal Protection is a truly global organisation, working in over 50 countries across the world, with offices in every continent. Our vision is a world where animal welfare matters and animal cruelty has ended. We protect animals because we believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
The Africa Team is seeking a Digital Content Officer as a key step in driving our global strategy to move the world to protect animals. The position is based at the Africa Office in Nairobi, and the incumbent reports to the Head of Communications – Africa.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Digital Content Officer supports World Animal Protection’s strategy to move the world to protect animals by producing compelling stories and content for digital channels which engages and inspires audiences to take action.
The role produces high quality visual and written content to drive engagement across World Animal Protection’s digital and social media platforms, working closely with marketing, communication, fundraising and campaign colleagues to help raise the profile of our organization on a regional level, grow our supporter base, and engage a community of supporters ready to end animal suffering on a global scale.
- Deepening supporter engagement which supports our campaign and fundraising objectives across digital channels.
- Developing and implementing communication plans, producing effective and compelling digital content and monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of our digital engagement strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Research and strategy
- Develop a strong understanding of the local market, our online audiences and the type of content that drives successful campaign and fundraising actions
- Work closely with the global digital team to develop a local web content strategy that supports and extends World Animal Protection’s communications, fundraising and campaigns reach.
- Develop creative content ideas that are SEO-friendly and that maximise opportunities for click-throughs and conversion, driving up World Animal Protection’s engagement of supporters
- Manage local digital channels, optimizing performance and maximizing conversion opportunities across social media, website and email channels
- Gather information, data and raw content from within and outside World Animal Protection, in order to produce compelling visual and graphic content (including but not limited to video, images, infographics and animations) for World Animal Protection’s website and social media channels, with limited support from external suppliers
- Test new digital strategies for impact and ROI, such as SMS marketing
- Work with the Global Marketing, Communications and Fundraising teams, as well as in global virtual working groups, to support delivery of campaigns, milestones and other global priorities
Measurement and evaluation
- Lead reporting and analysis of World Animal Protection’s digital communications efforts at a local level Conduct ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness, by gathering data and handling analytics, and to make recommendations based on those results
- Work with the Global Marketing and Communications team to report against consistent, global metrics
- Actively participate in building our brand and maintain the integrity of our brand to support our profile, lead generation, income and engagement.
- Help secure resources (income) and reach (people and partnerships) by actively contributing to our supporter relationships, fundraising, communications, and donor reporting.
- Contribute to a learning culture and create a positive working environment for staff.
- The post holder may be required to travel internationally to provide support or participate in World Animal Protection’s activities as and when required.
Skills and Experience
- Substantial experience creating compelling multimedia content for digital channels including writing for information and interaction content for the web, social media and email
- Skilled using tools to manage and create content including content management systems, email marketing systems and social media monitoring and management tools
- Skilled in gathering data on digital activity, analysing and interpreting results including use of Google Analytics and performance dashboards
- Experience reporting on and conducting analysis of digital engagement
- Experience of gathering information, data and raw content from a range of sources within and outside an organisation
- Experience working to tight deadlines to deliver high quality content
- Experience of usability testing
- Knowledge of legal and statutory requirements for digital content including accessibility, transparency and data protection
- Experience with data management, segmentation and email optimization techniques
- Experience maintaining efficient administration systems including schedules and reports
- Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds, in different cultural settings and time zones
- Flexibility to travel
- Familiarity with SMS marketing and Drupal Content Management Systems
- Knowledge of animal welfare issues.
Degree in communications, marketing, public relations, digital marketing or equivalent work experience
How to apply:
Applications only via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title to:
Regional Director for Africa
World Animal Protection
Shelter court; N0 140, Manyani East Rd, off James Gichuru Rd.
P.O Box 66580-00800,
The applications should reach us on or before 11 September, 2016 at 5.00 pm East African Time.