Kenya: DRIVERS-KISII, MIGORI & NAIROBI
Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 16 Sep 2016
REPORT TO: ADMIN OFFICER
The Driver serves as a chauffer for Project staff and other visitors. Driver will be responsible for operating and maintaining transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and staff courtesy.
- Drive Project staff members, consultants and other visitors on Project business.
- Maintain defensive driving and operate assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner;
- Assist passengers including handicapped in and out of the vehicle;
- Operate ramps, lifts and securement devices as required;
- Read and interpret maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service;
- Present safety briefing to passengers prior to each trip departure;
- Keep the assigned vehicle(s) clean inside and outside;
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets, vehicle maintenance, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records;
- Fuel assigned vehicle and perform minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) as required;
- Coordinate the schedule for vehicle maintenance with staff to minimize service interruptions;
- Respond to accident or medical emergencies by notifying emergency, response providers, and carrying out First Aid pending arrival of emergency personnel;
- Chauffer experience. Experience driving in Nairobi and familiarity with rural terrain and roads preferred.
- Valid Kenya driver’s license. Ability to provide proof of good driving record.
- 4 years’ driving experience
- Ability to perform minor repairs of vehicle. Previous auto mechanic experience helpful.
- Demonstrated punctuality, attention to detail, patience, good humor, flexibility, and overall positive attitude.
- Project a neat and professional appearance.
- 'O' level certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Extensive knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicle(s);
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Report writing skills and ability to read maps
- Computer literacy
How to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September, 16 2016. Candidates are required to quote the title of the position being applied on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.