Kenya: HEALTH MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS (HMIS) SPECIALIST – NAIROBI & KISII
Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 16 Sep 2016
Under the supervision of SI Advisor, the Health Information Systems Management Specialist will coordinate the development, deployment, management and maintenance of the health information systems in use in UMB-supported facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical advice and general guidance to SI management on the SI IT architecture and framework and contribute to SI IT strategies and plans;
- Provide technical advice to SI on the use of technology to enhance business objectives;
- Plan, coordinate and manage major projects based on SI services and business processes;
- Focus on software development for a new informatics management platform ;
- Work with the SI Advisor to define standards of data quality and ensure that strong business rules are in place for quality control systems of the projects;
- Develop the electronic platform for reports, charts, and disseminate best practices;
- Develop and use e-knowledge management platforms to execute the informatics dissemination strategy;
- Develop and manage mobile reporting technologies; and
- Represent MGIC and contribute to National HMIS development.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology
- Excellent programming skills and experience
- Four (4) years relevant experience, 1 year experience at supervisory level
- Skills in Stored Procedure Programming, Database Analysis, Data Conversions, Data Mapping
- Skills in Android development, mobile programming, HTML5 (Desired)
- Technical and user documentation skills required
- Experienced in developing Front and Back End applications using Visual Studio
- Knowledge of transactional databases (MySQL, SQL Server, SQLite) and database programmin
- Experience in Source Code Management systems (SourceSafe).
How to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2016. Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.