Kenya: HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER-NAIROBI, MIGORI & KISII
Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 16 Sep 2016
Under the supervision of HR & Admin Manager, the Human Resource Officer will develop, coordinate and implement policies and programmes relating to the effective use of personnel within MGIC. Formulate practices that drive an employee-oriented, high performance culture emphasizing empowerment, quality, productivity and goal attainment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To support managers on recruitment related activities. This involves; advising on job descriptions, ensuring that all recruitment, selection and assessment materials and tools are clear, relevant and appropriate; providing support on designing the selection process and participating in the interview process
- Coordinate induction of new staff
- Manage employee records and carry out HR administrative tasks such as time sheet and leave management;
- Develop, coordinate and improve performance management systems;
- Develop and implement MGIC’s HR Strategy;
- Oversee the monthly payroll administration.
- Manage the staff benefits.
- Advise the organization on HR best practices and ensure compliance to the country labour laws and the organization’s HR policies;
- Liaise with department heads to identify and assess employee training needs and development areas;
- Manage compensation and administration of employee payroll and benefits;
- Responsible for ensuring employee safety, welfare, wellness and health including ensuring fire alarms and emergency exits are operational;
- Coordinate Corporate Social Responsibility projects;
- Provide counselling when necessary and handle all employee grievances; and
- Act as the key liaison for Insurance Companies providing services to MGIC.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with strong Human Resource Management training.
- Strong HR technical skills and capacity with at least 5 years of practical experience on the field.
- A Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- NGO experience a must.
- One (1) year at supervisory level.
- Membership of IHRM
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Conflict and Mediation Skills
- Computer literacy
- Counselling skill.
How to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to email@example.com by September 16, 2016. Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.