Kenya: ICT Manager
Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 16 Sep 2016
REPORT TO: DIRECTOR FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
The ICT Manager will be responsible for leading the design and development of Information Systems to support MGIC’s information technology needs.
- Formulate strategic IT plans, policies and procedures and align information management strategies with MGIC’s mission/goals;
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of integrated network architecture for MGIC’s computer systems and applications;
- Lead in designing an optimized network infrastructure for MGIC;
- Participate in, designing, installing, configuring and/or upgrading of all applications in the Kenya office;
- Putting in place a disaster recovery and business continuity plans;
- Ensuring regular examination of systems security and application event logs;
- Monitoring user accounts and access permissions through Active Directory – users and computers;
- Monitoring all network services and applications;
- Ensuring preventive maintenance on equipment and regular evaluation of existing hardware & software;
- On a regular basis carrying out research on Hardware & software and share results with MGIC;
- Keep up to date with current trends in the Information Technology field and advise MGIC on best practice; and
- Motivating ICT staff and ensuring they are well skilled to manage the systems;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Information Systems
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA),
- 7 years’ experience, 3 of which should be in a supervisory role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexibility and Time management skills.
How to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September, 16 2016. Candidates are required to quote the title of the position being applied on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.