Kenya: IT OFFICERS-NAIROBI, MIGORI & KISII
Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 16 Sep 2016
REPORT TO: IT MANAGER
IT Officer will be responsible for providing assistance to staff on IT issues and acting as a liaison between staff and the technical escalation team.
- Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with IT issues and respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email and/or using a help desk management system;
- Track issues to resolution updating the internal knowledge base and/or communicating learning’s with relevant business units;
- Act as a liaison between staff and technical escalation teams;
- Manage corporate accounts for services and contracts obtained from IT service providers;
- Perform IT inventory management;
- Planning and scheduling clean-up jobs on Performance Maintenance contracts and in addition performing performance maintenance of all computers;
- Support health facilities supported by university of Maryland in IT related issues including training of staff on IT issues; troubleshooting of computers and related peripheries; handling networking issues; basic repairs for site computers, printers and related peripherals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Information Systems
- Microsoft Office Specialist Training
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA),
- 5 years’ relevant experience
- Knowledge of the ITIL methodology, change management processes and risk management processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexibility and time management skills
How to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September, 16 2016. Candidates are required to quote the title of the position being applied on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.