Kenya: PROCUREMENT OFFICER-NAIROBI, MIGORI & KISII
Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 16 Sep 2016
Under the supervision of Procurement Manager, The Procurement Officer will manage project procurement and ensure compliance with MGIC policies, contractual terms and other applicable rules and regulations, support the procurement of a wide-range of goods, commodities, and services through subcontracts and purchase orders. The role will undertake procurement functions that include preparing specifications and solicitation documents, managing bid evaluations and overseeing vendor selection process. Ensuring supply planning to meet project needs and requirements; achieving compliance to Donor Grants and UMB procedures and systems and upholding high standards in supplies ethics.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage vendor relationships, contacts, and pre-qualifications lists.
- Provide input to project procurement for financial and other reports.
- Maintain procurement files (paper and electronic backup) according to policies and procedures.
- Provide procurement procedures and policy guidance and interpretation to program staff.
- Coach, mentor, and train program staff on procurement policies and procedures.
- Support the procurement of a wide-range of goods, commodities, and services through sub-contracts and purchase orders.
- Develop tools and forms required for procurements, contracts, and other agreements such as bid analyses and selection and negotiation memos.
- Undertake procurement functions that include preparing specifications and solicitation documents, managing bid evaluations.
- Overseeing vendor selection process.
- Manage the project procurement and ensure compliance with MGIC policies, contractual terms and other applicable rules and regulations.
- Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure correct vendor payments, follow through on financial procurement budgets and accuracy of financial procurement documentation presented;
- Manage communication with vendors and staff to facilitate smooth implementation of procurement procedures.
- Draft requests for quotations and proposals and participate in comparison and evaluation of bids;
- Facilitate and follow up on approvals of requisite documents required in the procurement process;
- University degree in Supply chain management, Business Administration or related field with 5 years of practical experience in similar position.
- Postgraduate diploma in Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS)
- Membership of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management
- Four (4) years relevant experience, 1 year experience at supervisory level.
- Three (3) years’ NGO experience in procurement a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Certified knowledge of donor rules and regulations on procurement and funds management.
- Computer literacy
- Planning and organisational skills
How to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2016. Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.