Kenya: SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR – NAIROBI & MIGORI
Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 16 Sep 2016
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Senior Technical Advisor will offer leadership in the implementation of program activities aimed at delivering high quality clinical care to the beneficiaries of the program. This will be achieved through providing oversight, technical assistance, and capacity building to the technical team and other health care workers based at the various partner health facilities across Nairobi City County.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high quality clinical patient care that includes leading clinical effectiveness efforts and ensuring implementation of recommended clinical protocols and national guidelines
- Promote data demand and information use to support decision making at all levels.
- Mentorship of clinical teams with the goal of performance improvement in overall patient care.
- Review existing healthcare service delivery setups, identify gaps and recommend actions for health systems strengthening.
- Work closely with county and sub-county teams to coordinate and implement the county HIV strategy and work plans.
- Represent the organization in technical capacity to the donors and at county level meetings.
- Organize and coordinate journal review meetings and Continuous Medical Education Activities (CMEs) for technical team members and other healthcare workers.
- Bachelors’ degree in Medicine & Surgery-MBChB and Masters in MMED or MPH
- Over 5 years’ experience in the area of HIV/AIDS.
- Two (2) years’ work experience in a supervisory role.
- Registration with Medical practitioners and dentists board.
- Provide overall technical leadership of the grant.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure while at the same time adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- nnovative with a high degree of initiative
- Organizational skills
- Excellent Leadership & Presentation skills
How to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2016. Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.