Kenya: STRATEGIC INFORMATION OFFICER – NAIROBI, KISII & MIGORI
Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 16 Sep 2016
The Strategic Information Officer will primarily be responsible for supporting HIV-related data management at University of Maryland’s supported facilities in Nairobi. S/he will mentor site data clerks in management of patient records and information and report generation. S/he will be attached to a TA team and will be responsible health facilities under that TA team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Routine data management including data collection, collation, analysis and reporting;
- Provide specialized training to facility and other partner staff in Health Information Systems including IQ Care and other databases;
- Provide IT Support and data analysis training to health facility staff with focus on use of IQCare
- Ensure that all national HIV related tools are available in supported facilities and health care workers are mentored to use them appropriately
- Support facility teams to ensure timely reporting
- Conduct data quality control/assurance activities;
- Provide mentorship to site data clerks on HIV related M&E systems
- Manage project databases and generate reports for donor reporting and project management; and
- Develop SQL queries and related activities; Support the health facilities to improve their medical records system and maintain data quality.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities including data validation and cleaning for the timely and accurate compilation and submission of reports to MOH and the donor.
- Ensure regular, accurate monitoring reports (monthly, quarterly, annually) from the points of service on all required donor, government and organizational indicators.
- Examine facility operations and systems and recommend ways to improve outputs and outcomes.
- Provide specialized training to facility and other partner staff in Health Information Systems including IQ Care and other databases.
- Providing training and support in data collection and analysis to Points of Services (POS) including health facilities.
- Participating in data analysis and report compilation (monthly, quarterly, annually) on all required indicators
- Support and provide training for data analysis to the Points of Service.
- Provide backup data entry services at various Points of Service where a backlog may exist.
- Supervise and mentor data entry clerks and perform minimum data entry when needed.
- Conducting site visits to each point of service and provide technical assistance and guidance on all issues related to Strategic Information.
- Bachelor’s degree in HMIS, IT/Computer Science/IS, Public Health Informatics, Statistics or Mathematics
- A minimum of three (3) years experience working with HIV data systems
- SPSS certificate (optional)
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced computer skills including advanced excel, MS access,
How to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2016. Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.