Kenya: SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST – NAIROBI & MIGORI
Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 16 Sep 2016
The Health Supply Chain Advisor will provide leadership in fulfilling the core functions of pharmaceutical and supply chain management within the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support pharmacy team in management of medicines and logistics;
- Participate in site capacity assessment activities and carry out analysis, interpretation and dissemination of results for use by relevant stakeholders in decision making and service improvement;
- Collection, synthesis and transmission of data and information related to drugs and health care supplies;
- Serve as a member of the Regional Therapeutic Drug Committee and Provincial mentorship team among other provincial and national committees;
- Utilize site data to inform quality of care performance and utilization of medicines;
- Mentor pharmacy staff with the goal of performance improvement in overall patient care;
- Examine facility operations and systems and recommend ways to improve outputs and outcomes;
- Provide technical assistance on Procurement and Logistics of Pharmaceutical commodities;
- Liaison between MGIC and KEMSA as well as other donor related supply chain organizations;
- Organize and facilitate supply chain related trainings using the National curricula;
- Ability to evaluate outcomes of training activities and share recommendations; and
- Provide mentorship on development and implementation of appropriate strategies to create a dependable health supply chain system and support an integrated health service delivery system covering ART and other health commodities.
- Master’s degree in business, pharmacy, public health with emphasis in supply chain management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
- Significant relevant experience in supply chain management.
- Registration with Pharmaceutical and Poisons Board (PPB)
- Five (5) years’ experience in supply chain management in an NGO setup.
How to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2016. Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.