Kenya: TB/HIV IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST – NAIROBI, KISII & MIGORI
Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 16 Sep 2016
To plan and implement activities that will lead to the strengthening of TB/HIV collaborative activities at PACT supported facilities in collaboration with the Nairobi City County and the Ministry of Health’s the Division of Leprosy, TB and lung diseases (DLTLD) and National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP)
Duties & Responsibilities
- To oversee the implementation of TB/HIV collaborative activities in supported facilities.
- To strengthen TB screening for HIV-infected clients enrolled in CCCs in PACT supported facilities
- To strengthen Provider-initiated Testing and Counselling of TB patients in supported facilities
- To strengthening integration of and referral linkages between TB Clinic and CCC at supported facilities
- To collaborate with the county and sub-county TB Coordinators in conducting on-going supervision of TB/HIV activities
- To strengthen institutionalization and implementation of TB infection control interventions at supported facilities
- To participate in the National and County TB/HIV technical working group at Ministry of Health’s National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP) and DLTLD
- Degree in Medicine or related field and 5 years related professional experiences.
- Post graduate degree in Public Health or other related field and 3 years related professional experiences.
- Proven experience in providing technical assistance to public health programs or projects
- Significant experience in the Kenyan public health service, with experience related to HIV&AIDS, TB control activities and health systems strengthening
- TB/HIV training
How to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2016. Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.