- Company: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Main Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for promoting tax literacy through the development and implementation of an effective tax education strategy.
Key Performance areas
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervision of day-to-day operations of Taxpayer Education.
- Management of Taxpayer Education Section funds, property and affairs.
- Coordinate training of staff and stakeholders on new tax administration measures.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Develop and implement tax education strategies in line with the department’s strategic plan
- Oversee dissemination sector specific tax education content to promote tax literacy in line with the corporate plan
- Develop Tax Education programmes that enhance tax literacy levels and drive voluntary compliance
- Develop/Implement Taxpayer Education programmes for learning institutions.
- Develop/Implement stakeholder and sector-based taxpayer education activities.
- Develop and implement educational programmes for professional bodies & institutions.
- Respond to general tax queries from taxpayers and other stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a cohesive content management strategy for both below the line (BTL), above the line (ATL) and digital platforms.
- Demonstrate return on investment on all campaigns.
- Development of budgets
- Implements approved budgets
- Prepares financial and budget reports
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Provides oversight for the physical assets in the department.
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions.
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
- Works predominantly within the office.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
Minimum Academic Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Commerce, Economics, Education, Marketing, Communication or related degree.
- Professional Diploma Chartered Institute of Management (CIM)
- Tax Training (Added advantage)
Membership to professional Association
- Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK) or
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) or
- Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK)
Minimum years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ work experience in similar role with at least three (3) years in management
Need to know:
- Analytical skills
- Organisational skills
- Computer proficient
- Strategic management
- Excellent editorial skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Team player-Drive collaboration across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Leadership skills
- Networking skills
- Work under pressure
- Have passion for Community education and industry awareness.
- Demonstrable ability to create- and deliver compelling, result oriented and engaging communication presentations that effectively change consumer behaviour and enhance business objectives.
- Content Development – Well skilled with demonstrable experience and leadership proficiency in the development of communication materials or lead others in developing drafts of communication materials.
- Strong conceptual and research/analytical skills – Has the ability to think strategically and rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendations.
- Communication Strategy, Planning, and Execution – Has moderate experience in and/or demonstrates a working or functional proficiency level sufficient to lead the planning, development, and execution of a communication strategy.
- Intuitive ability to lead and/or follow throughout the organization. A collaborative leader, with ability to work vertically and horizontally to deducted necessary information to drive brand communication.
- Highly organized. Creative and critical thinker accompanied by an innate ability to find clarity in ambiguity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and capable of interacting with all levels of management.
Closing Date : 28th October, 2020