- Company: Kenya Red Cross Society
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
The Clinical Officer’s main objective is to provide quality health care both outpatient and in-patient units through patient clerkship, diagnosis and treatment of diseases based on clinical signs and symptoms and available laboratory findings.
- Clinical assessment and prescription of treatment to all patients according to the MOH/WHO guidelines.
- To ensure that all patient registers and files are accurately filled and updated regularly.
- Maintain high standard confidentiality to all patients and treat all patients with respect and dignity.
- Conduct minor surgical procedures at the work station.
- Take a detailed patient history and updating treatment in the patient files for all patients being admitted in the wards
- Conduct and attend to ward rounds.
- Attend to medical emergencies at the hospital and the health posts.
- Attend and participate in weekly CMEs organised and conducted at the hospital boardroom.
- To supervise the medical assistants stationed at the health posts.
- Conduct on job trainings to all auxillary staff and incentive workers attached to that work station on a regular basis.
- Maintaining high quality of care provided to all patients.
- Identify the very sick and give treatment based on priority basis.
- Compile and submit reports on time.
- Ensure that universal precautions and infection prevention guidelines are adhered to.
- Attend to any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution
- Registered with Clinical Officers’ Council of Kenya and possess a valid practicing license
- Minimum of 2 years working experience preferably in a refugee setting.
- Cultural and diversity sensitivity, commitment and understanding on the values of Kenya redcross Society and the principles of equal opportunities.
- Clinical experience, skills and confidence.
- Able to work and deliver under pressure and difficult environmental conditions.
- Demonstrate leadership and communication skills.
Closing Date : 29th October, 2020