- Company: Sendy
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Kenya
At Sendy, we specialize in connecting on-demand, trusted, and transparent service providers with individuals and businesses looking to move packages. Thus, we believe it’s a natural extension of our core expertise to also connect our users to quality certified transportation providers. As of today, Sendyusers can now request a package DELIVERY using a motorcycle, van, pickup, or 3 ton truck, or a passenger RIDE with a boda boda or cab – all from within the same Sendymobile app (available on Android and iOS) and web platform. All DELIVERY and RIDE services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be paid for using cash, MPesa, or card.
The overall purpose of this job is to drive sales to new emerging social commerce accounts and manage customer relationships for the business in line with the commercial strategy. The role is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration in the market by effectively selling Sendyservices with an aim to maximize long-term revenue opportunities.
About the Role
The overall purpose of this job is to engage, ensure retention and grow the portofolio received from the acquisition team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand Customer needs and identifying sales opportunities
- Target based role ensure monthly sales targets are achieved from all the sales acquisition passed to you.
- Creating and maintaining a database of current and potential customers
- Ensure full setup of new customers.
- Make timely calls/emails and visits to all customers who sign up to drive usage
- Use all communication & tools available to customers
- Track all engagement efforts accomplished and results generated in terms of actions, revenues & orders placed
- Reduce customer churn by active engagement
- Ensure that product knowledge & value is communicated to all new sign ups
- Grow inside sales channel revenue as per the plan
- Create, plan & execute initiatives to grow the inside sales channel
- Report to the HOD, sales
- Work with Marketing & Growth teams to ensure acceptable conversion rates
- Upselling services
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience in relationship management, sales or business development roles.
- Proven business development or selling skills.
- Ability to win deals.
- Strong understanding of the logistics industry.
- High-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Must be a self-starter and highly organized.
- Ability to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Analytical, with creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Open to change
- Ability to stay calm under chaos
What We Offer
- Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical
- Flexible vacation
- All risk Insurance
- Office lunch
- Opportunity for company stock options
Closing Date : 14th November, 2020