- Company: Kenya Red Cross Society
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
No of Positions: 4
Reporting to: Nursing Officer In-Charge
Duration: Short Term Contract of Three (3) Months with possibility of extension
The overall objective is to provide a high standard of client care to both outpatients and inpatients, in accordance with clinical guidelines, policies, procedure, quality standards and guidelines for nursing professional practice.
- The Nursing Officer shall work in specific ward/clinic assigned to and would therefore work
- as both supervisor and team leader of the refugee staff.
- Prepare for and assist the doctors during the rounds whenever required.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly
- carried out and documented on patient’s charts.
- Refer to the doctor in charge or to the doctor/CO on call relevant information such as
- patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management.
- Arrange and submit weekly clinic/ward work schedule and plan daily duties and
- responsibilities for each refugee staff.
- Participate in camp health surveys/campaigns.
- Conduct regular training session for refugee staff on basic nursing care/management of
- various ward/clinic cases and charting.
- Give health education to patients and clients
- Compile and submit monthly reports.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of supplies.
- Maintain equipment in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the same.
- Maintain drug registers and drug consumption within the ward level.
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they
- Taking and recording of vital signs and proper documentation of all nursing procedures
- Ensure the clinic/ward is cleaned to the expected standards.
- Perform coverage and be on-call as required.
- Over two (2) years’ experience.
- Registered nurse with a Diploma in Nursing from KMTC or other recognized nurse-training institute.
- Valid and current registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- At least 2 years working in a busy hospital set-up.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
Closing Date : 14th November, 2020