- Company: Citi
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Citibank N.A. Kenya has been operating in Kenya since 1974 and has two branches in Nairobi and Mombasa, serving Corporate and Institutional clients. Citibank Kenya is the regional hub for the CitiEast Africa cluster, which covers Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia. It’s the only solely corporate bank in Kenya. Businesses CitiKenya is structured around business segments, product groups, operations and technology and staff units. The business segment that caters to our diverse customer base is our Institutional Clients Group, which includes the global relationship banking services we provide for top-tier local corporate clients. As a part of our business focus and broader market reach, in 1999 we expanded our target market to cater to the emerging and vibrant middle and lower market tiers.
Job ID: 20221709
- The Corporate Bank (CB) serves a select number of the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions.
- Our bankers are relationship managers who build and grow our long-term relationship with these clients. They orchestrate the delivery of Citi’s vast treasury solutions and develop integrated financing strategies, by acting as a primary point of contact with the clients, and by working closely with Citi’s Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Treasury & Trade Services and Markets & Securities Services divisions.
- The RA sits within the Corporate Bank and assists in managing the global relationships with key clients
- The RA coordinates and addresses a broad range of topics for clients, delivering best services, and handles a significant volume of day-to-day requests / issues from internal functions.
- BCMA is seeking a Know Your Customer (KYC) Analyst to research, prepare and complete the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) due diligence records for their client base;
- The candidate will be a member of a dedicated team focused on the KYC required by Cition its Financial Institutions clients and corporate clients.
- The team is responsible for the timely completion of KYC records in assigned portfolio, including “onboarding” and “renewal” records, and managing the population in regard to any expired records
- Build a trusted relationship with internal partners and clients as appropriate, providing support on routine requests, navigate Citi’s extensive network of 100+ countries and coordinate local coverage, controls and product support, problem escalation and resolution, driving customer satisfaction.
- Act as a KYC Owner approving all types of KYC records ensuring the record content is accurate:
- Review and evaluate recent negative news related to clients and their Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs);
- Ensuring the clients risks and products and services are accurately captured
- Where applicable provide input and ensure AML Risk Summaries accurately capture the risks of the client
- Where applicable review content of the periodic transaction review and ensure it is in line with understanding of the client
- Support/ act as an escalation point for KYC Operations for in internal discussions with AML, Bankers
- Attend AML Calls between clients and CitiCompliance;
- Act as an escalation point for KYC Operations when there are delays in obtaining client requirements
- Act as an escalation point for KYC Operations to ascertain information on the purpose of client accounts, transaction volumes etc.
- Interact with clients, parent account bankers, subsidiary bankers and product partners on AML and KYC-related issues;
- Report as needed to regional/local control committees on challenges, progress,
Ancillary Responsibilities/ Growth:
- Co-ordinate credit requests from the network and request appropriate approvals from Risk, as such assisting both revenue generation and protection for Citi.
- Understand the Risk Policy in detail and ensure the business is operating within the policy, monitoring of credit and support documentation (e.g. Facility agreements, Support documentation, etc.).
- Administration of new and existing credit limits, collaborating with Risk, Credit Administration, Product and Loan operations teams.
- Respond to ad-hoc client requests in collaboration with bankers.
- Support the annual review process and assist bankers in coordinating relationship reviews.
- Support transaction closings, ensuring facility allocation and booking of commitments.
- Support the negotiation of credit documentation requirements (e.g. Support, Credit, Cash management, Trade services, FX, etc.).
- Maintain client information database up to date following mergers, acquisitions etc.
- Opportunity to work in a large and complex organization with a demanding customer base and in a challenging and changing business environment.
- Exposure to an open and multicultural working environment.
- Exposure to the full Citiscope of products used by our corporate clients and opportunity to develop a sound knowledge of Citi’s core product range (Loans, FX, Cash and Trade, etc.).
- Opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of the extensive business Citidoes with our corporate clients
- We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated person to support Bankers.
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise sound judgement and use initiative, but know when to refer, ensuring Bankers are able to focus on marketing efforts and revenue generation.
- Experience and knowledge of KYC preferred; particularly in the Correspondent Banking
- Compliance knowledge an advantage
- Knowledge of/experience in corporate banking is an advantage.
- Analytical – Assimilating new information quickly and relating it to the needs of the client base.
- Organizational – Demonstrates strong organizational skills, awareness around priority of tasks and ability to work independently.
- Communication – Constantly demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Interpersonal skills/Networking – Able to create and sustain good personal contacts within the team and amongst Citi’s network.
- Proactive – Prepared to take the initiative and to follow issues through, whilst exercising judgment as to when to seek assistance. Consistently client focused and result oriented.
- Team Player – Being able to work in partnership with other individuals on day-to-day and long-term projects
- Proven planning, negotiation and analytical skills
- Consistently demonstrate a professional attitude
- Presentation – Prepare and present concise summaries for management
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- 2-5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience.
- AML certification is an advantage
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Closing Date : 14th November, 2020