- Company: BURN
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
BURNdesigns, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world.BURNhas revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves.Since 2013, BURNhas sold 200,000+ high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized jikokoas â„¢ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,000,000+ beneficiaries save $39 million in fuel expenditures and 626,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURNcurrently sells ~10,000 stoves per month and intend to double sales by the end of 2017.
General areas of engagement include:
- Work with the product development team on design for manufacturability and robustness.
- Development of manufacturing processes, including tools for fabrication, assembly, finishing, and infrastructural materials, among others.
- Troubleshooting production issues and further refining the production system. This often requires creativity and resourcefulness to keep the factory running while waiting for proper repairs or components.
- Take a leadership role in bringing up new production lines.
- Evaluation, maintenance and repair of factory equipment including mechanical and hydraulic presses, shears, spot welders and drill presses.
- Creating and editing SOP’s and QC inspection documents
- Work closely with and help to train QC inspectors, technicians and production personnel in enhancing the quality and manufacturability of our product
- Mechanical engineering background
- Mechanical aptitude: ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical issues with production equipment and tooling
- Familiarity with basic shop machines and tools: manual mill, lathe, drill press
- Solidworks CAD skills: able to read drawings and complete basic design work
- Familiarity with basic metrology as it applies to our stove parts and tooling
- Welding and fabrication skills are preferable
- Electrical control system basics is desirable
- High level organizational skills
- Works well in team setting with line employees and technicians
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE)
Closing Date : 12th November, 2020