- Company: Kenya Red Cross
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Kenya Red Crossis one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world. The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Crosssupports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.
Reporting to: Head, Division of National AIDS and STIs Control Program, NASCOP
Duration: Up to June 2021, with possibility of extension subject to performance and funds availability
The role is responsible for supporting communication-related activities at NASCOP in close collaboration with C&T Manager, NASCOP
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in close collaboration with the NASCOP Unit managers for Care and Treatment, PMTCT and prevention to identify program needs for communications and advocacy for Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Lead development a strategy/platform for QI best practices generation and sharing
- Support dissemination of the best practices via NASCOP website and other identified platforms/forums
- Lead the development of a communication and advocacy strategy targeting national and county leadership to ensure CQI Objectives are met.
- Support NASCOP to develop messaging and IEC materials targeting program priority areas identified in the QI scale up.
- Support in development/updating of communications training package to be incorporated in the overall training packages for National and County officers
- Participate in planning and execution of research for Quality Improvement, generation of report, manuscripts and abstracts
- Participate in selection of QI best practices in counties and document through videography, photography and written form.
- Provide overall guidance to NASCOP on communication and advocacy for QI
- Any other task assigned to the officer by the Head, NASCOP
- A degree in either Communication or Journalism with at least 10 years’ experience.
- Five (5) years’ experience in continuous communication in HIV program implementation.
- Diploma in Mass Communication (Radio and TV Production).
- Diploma in Certified International Public Relations or Science Reporting will be an added advantage
- Must be a member of a Media/PR Professional Certified body
- Strategic Leadership Development Program certificate from Kenya School of Government
Required Competencies, Skills and experience
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in communication and advocacy of HIV services/interventions and technical coordination
- Significant and up-to-date knowledge of the current HIV communication and advocacy service delivery guidelines, framework, standards and tools
- Ability to scope, map and document various program milestones and best practices
- Proven experience in establishing and sustaining working relationships with the Ministry of Health at National, County, sub-County and Implementating partners.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing, analytical and supervisory skills to inspire teamwork and motivate staff and partners to achieve results.
- Has a strong Media networks, skills in media liaison, training and monitoring.
- Is able to advice on strategic communications, development of information, education and communication (IEC) materials, editorial review of presentations and publications.
- Able to provide technical assistance in identifying, planning and executing effective communication strategies at community and at national level.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and synthesize complex technical information and consequently draft ideas and concepts in non-technical written and oral form as well as developing change communication and advocacy strategies for different programs and target communities
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating mentorship and capacity building in Quality Improvement.
- Proficiency in computer basic skills – MS Office; Internet and Editing skills as well as filming, photography and print writing
- Ability to work in a complex project implementation environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Research experience and proposal writing will be an added advantage
- Ability to lead multiple stakeholders (Government/Non-Governmental)
Closing Date : 2nd December, 2020