- Company: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA), is established under the Environmental Management and Co-ordination Act No. 8 of 1999 (EMCA) as the principlal instrument of Goverment for the implementation of all policies relating to environment . EMCA 1999 was enacted against a backdrop of 78 sectoral laws dealing with various components of the environment, the deteriorating state of Kenya’s environment, as well as increasing social and economic inequalities, the combined effect of which negatively impacted on the environment. The supreme objective underlying the enactment of EMCA 1999 was to bring harmony in the management of the country’s environment.
- Cost and management accounting
- Preparation of Budget
- Preparation of various management reports
- Collation of financial estimates
- Determination of aggregate expenditure
- Preparation of accounting records for financial audits and supervision of revenue
- Verifying vouchers and accounting documents in accordance with laid down rules and regulations.
- Capturing and maintaining primary records such as cash books, ledgers, vote books and registers.
- Ensuring safe custody of records and assets.
- Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Experience in accounting or auditing field in public service or private sector will be an added advantage
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Closing Date : 13th November, 2020