- Company: Kenya Film Commission
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
The Kenya Film Commissionwas established vide Legal Notice No. 10 of 2005. The Commission is a state corporation under the Ministry of Sports, Culture and the Arts. Our mandate and core functions The Commission is mandated to perform the following functions: To develop, promote and market the film industry locally and internationally and identify and facilitate growth of the film industry. Generate, manage and disseminate film industry research, information and market data, and act as a repository and archive of Kenya’s film records. Coordinate and certify persons, association and organization participating in the production of film, photography, video, stills, animation, new media and related media. Establish and administer a film promotion fund and incubation centers for the film industry in Kenya.
( JOB GRADE KFC 3)
JOB REF NO: KFC/HRA/MIA/2020
Reporting functionally to the Board and administratively to the CEO, the officer will be responsible for providing independent and objective assurance aimed at adding value and improving the operations of the Board and assist the Commission accomplish its strategic objectives by effecting a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. The officer will also be responsible for:
- Secretary to the Audit Committee of the Board;
- Formulating and coordinating the implementation of internal audit policies, strategies and plans;
- Compiling and issue internal audit reports;
- Conducting special audits and investigations;
- Setting up and implementing systems in accordance with auditing standards;
- Testing the efficacy of the risk assessment systems;
- Monitoring and reporting on the Commission overall risk profile;
- Supporting various departments in risk profiling;
- Reviewing correctness and accuracy of accounting reports;
- Providing of independent assurance on risk management process on both design and operation; and
- Assuring on risk control effectiveness, efficiency and adequacy and risk management processes.
The successful candidate must:
- Have at least ten (10) years relevant work experience three (3) of which must have been in management position;
- Have Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance Option or relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Have Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance Option or relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Have Passed a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Final certification;
- Be a registered member of ICPAK or IIA/ISACA in good standing
- Have Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
Terms Of Service
An attractive remunerative package, commensurate to qualifications, experience and responsibilities and in line with government guidelines will be offered to the successful applicant. The appointment is on a Three (3) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Applications MUST consist of application cover letter, detailed CV with three (3) referees contacts; Indicate your current position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, e-mail and day-time telephone contact, relevant Certificates and Testimonials; and copy of National ID/Passport to be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer Kenya Film Commission,
Jumuia Place, Second Floor, Lenana Road,
P. O. Box 76417,
KFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of required documents will not be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Closing Date : 13th November, 2020