- Company: Nairobi Hospital
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Kenya
We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision. Courtesy, consideration and unreserved respect towards our patients’ privacy, dignity and confidentiality has time and again helped us earn their trust and goodwill. Our dedicated nursing staff provides professional care within a friendly and comfortable environment, ensuring that being in hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for our patients and their families. We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision.
REF: TNH/HRD/PC/10/20 (3 MONTHS CONTRACT)
Participating in developing and implementing the Hospital’s procurement systems and procedures within the supply chain activities, stock control function and inventory Ensuring timely reporting for effective use and efficiency measures on utilization of goods purchased.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Providing leadership and guidance to user departments in the development of specifications.
- Ensuring efficient and cost – effective sourcing and delivery of materials, services and/or equipment to user departments.
- Developing and implementing sourcing strategies for spend management, supplier development and management, category buying, contracts, vendor managed inventory and rating processes amongst others.
- Leading supplier pre-qualification, selection and development processes, quotation and tender processes in a timely and transparent manner.
- Contributing to lead-time reduction and demand management initiatives so as to optimize inventory levels.
- Ensure cost-effectiveness, quality and timely procurement and delivery of all supplies services.
- Managing development and preparation of contracts and ensuring all contracts renewals reviews are done on time.
- Preparing appropriate financial, inventory and other reports.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Economics, Supply Chain Management or any other related field.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management.
- Over 6 years’ experience in local and international procurement
- A member of KISM with a Valid Supplies Practitioner’s Licence.
- Knowledge of public procurement and disposal procedures and related regulations
- Good warehousing, distribution, logistics knowledge preferably in multi user/network environment.
- Demonstrated Proficiency in ERPs and excellent use of computer based tools.
- Ability to work under pressure, strict deadline and sound decision making ability.
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation, analytical, presentation and problem solving skills
- High level of integrity, resourceful and possess high drive to excel.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated effective leadership skills.
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned on:
Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.
Closing Date : 13th November, 2020