- Company: Asoko
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
AsokoInsight is an information services company focused on delivering the best corporate data and analytics platform in Africa. It provides up-to-date management information, profiles, insights and data on unlisted companies across Africa to investors, global corporates and institutions. Data is gathered through a combination of in-country collection teams, online data mining, media syndication, and institutional data partnerships. Verified information is available via subscription access to our extensive database or individual company snapshot purchase.
Do you have access to corporate information sources in the region, including ministries, associations, registries, and other relevant agencies? Do you have a strong network of contacts in the private sector? Then this role is for you. Join AsokoInsight as a project-based Operations Analyst on our fast-paced Data Team!
Role Responsibilities & Requirements:
Data Acquisition for Client Projects:
Spearhead data acquisition and research to build market and supply chain maps for clients. Operations Analysts will discover and validate data on companies, sectors and markets as per project contracts. Sources can include but are not limited to government institutions, regulatory bodies, industry groups, credit reference bodies, audit firms, NGOs, financial services institutions, industry event organisers and industry analysts/experts.
Research methods will include phone calls, meetings and interviews with private and public sector officials, and analysis of literature on the target market, among other sources you deem necessary and relevant. The role also involves precise data entry and data management capabilities. Analysts need to be very reactive to client requirements and deliver under tight deadlines.
- Contacts within companies and industry stakeholder bodies: Tactical relationships to enable rapid retrieval of valuable corporate information;
- Key government institutions, regulators and ecosystem partners: Tactical relationships to extend Asokodata and research capability.
- Operations Department: All analyst staff;
- Content Department: Collaborative production of analytical reports to accompany datasets delivered as part of client projects.
Qualification, Key Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics or related field
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role
- Highly organised, proactive, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Creative problem solver and decision-maker; resourceful
- Attention to detail and an ability to deliver to deadlines
- Stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Strong team player/collaborator attributes
- Strong IT skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, SharePoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate with a highly distributed team.
- Demonstrable ability to think creatively, handle unstructured challenges with tenacity
We are also looking for the following skills and experience in relation to this role:
- Fluent in English and French required; Portuguese is an added bonus
- You love data and using it to inform your strategy and drive better decision-making
- You care about what we do at AsokoInsight: You know this isn’t just about getting companies to connect, it’s about addressing the deficiency in information between the global business community and Africa’s most dynamic companies
- You have the ability to juggle conflicting demands on time and prioritise effectively
- You’re comfortable working in large/matrix organisations, balancing multiple stakeholder requirements
- You’re an independent thinker and have the ability to self-motivate
- You have strong communication skills with a desire to grow the business in a valued way
- Project-based contract
- The freedom to work remotely – from home – in a flexible way
- Expense reimbursement
- Exposure at all levels of the company
- Strong training from experienced management
Closing Date : 3rd December, 2020