- Company: Machakos Hospitality & Technical Institute
- Location: Kenya
- State: Machakos
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
The Machakos Institute of Technology is a Limited Liability Company by shares operating as a training institution under the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology. The Institute is located in Machakos town on Mbolu Malu Road, on the first and second floor of Kinyali Building. The Main Campus is located at the Machakos – Mombasa Junction.
Reports to: The Principal and the Manager
Job Function: The key role of this position is to be in charge of preparing of budgets, accounts and managing financial information and preparing financial reports
Specifically the Accountant will:
- Be responsible for coordinating Budget preparation in all departments and creating the master budget for the organization.
- Be responsible for all the financial accounting activities and financial control monitoring
- Maintain and develop accounts payable and ensure receivables are collected.
- Manage all restricted funding and ensure all funds are utilized within budget and used in line business aims.
- Proactively monitor and encourage the reduction in costs and increase in savings and profits.
- Carry out financial forecasting and risk analysis.
- Ensure that account books and financial systems are up to date.
- Preparing end year accounts, ensuring they comply with laws and statutory regulations and tax requirements. Will also ensure timely publication of internal and external audits.
- Produce and review annual reports and month-end balance sheet as well as profit and loss reconciliations and reports.
- Must carry out the monthly payroll.
- Ensure excellent financial control across the organization.
- Document, implement and embed strong financial controls across the company.
- Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data and revenue.
- Involvement and support for ad hoc projects as appropriate. Collaborating with other departments to provide innovative solutions to problems and actively seeking better ways of working
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or its equivalent from an accredited and recognized University
- CPA finalist
- Experience of at least 3 years in a busy establishment
- Knowledge of understanding and working with accounting packages
- Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institution. Must have strong PC skills, especially Outlook and excel, with the ability to perform basic data analysis e.g. extracting data and applying pivot tables
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Good time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and meet tight deadlines
- An understanding of compliance, continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Commercial and financial awareness.
- Good interpersonal skills – Should be a flexible team player, proactive and have the ability to succeed in a complex and dynamic environment.
Applications Can Be Sent To:
Machakos Institute of Technology,
P.O. Box 2069, 90100, Machakos, Kenya
Cell: 0733 601227 / 0722 973271
Closing Date : 7th November, 2020