- Company: Garissa University College
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Kenya
Garissa University College(GUC) is a public university in Garissa, Kenya. Garissa University Collegewas founded in 2011 as a constituent college of Moi University, in the facilities of the former Garissa Teachers Training College.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following post.
- Bachelor of Law Degree from a recognized university
- A master’s Degree in Law or Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Certified Public Secretary and A member of ICPSK with a valid practicing certificate
- Fully computer illiterate
- Proven Knowledge of corporate regulatory and company law, rules and norms
- At least 3 years’ experience as practicing company secretary in a law firm or other corporate body
- Compliant with chapter six requirement, Applicants to immediately acquire self-clearance papers from HELB, KRA,Police certificate of good conduct, Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-corruption commission and clearance from a Credit Reference Bureau(CRB)to present during the interview.
- Serving as secretary to the council and all its committees
- Guiding the council on the Key governance and compliance issues
- Recording and circulating minutes of the council
- Acting as custodian of the seal, minutes and various records to ensure conformity with regulations
- Proactively promoting good governance in all committees
- Providing guidance to the council and all its committees about its responsibilities and accountabilities under the universities’ act, charter and statutes
- Ensuring that the council and its committees adopt best practices in all their work
- Working closely with the Vice Chancellor to ensure that council meetings and business are conducted efficiently and compliance with relevant legislation
- Advising the vice Chancellor on matters that require legal expertise in the management of the university.
- Control and co-ordination of the University legal affa
- The officer shall be the Chief Legal Advisor of the University Management and Council.
- Drafting of legal documents and handling cases involving the University and advising the University on all legal matte
- Ensure University legal and regulatory frameworks are legally compliant through constant review.
- Interpret and implement University Statutes, Terms and Conditions of Service, Collective Agreements and other documents that are legally binding.
Closing Date : 4th December, 2020