- Company: Bio Food Products
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
We delight our customers by providing them with the cleanest, healthiest and best-tasting products where and when they want them.
Bio Food Productsstrives to delight our customers by providing them with the cleanest, healthiest and best tasting food products where and when they want them. Over the last few years, we have been relentlessly focusing on quality, sustainability, innovation and great taste.
Bio Foods is on an exciting growth trajectory, with further plans for continued rapid expansion. To this end, the following career opportunities have arisen and we are inviting applications from highly experienced, self-driven and talented professionals.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director of the company, and with this role a key part of the Leadership Team of the company, the manufacturing director will be a seasoned leader who is passionate about quality, can easily navigate complex situations, anticipate challenges and is gifted in understanding and simplifying production processes.
- Direct and oversee all manufacturing processes and staff for the Dairy Processing, Cheese and Fine Foods plants
- Oversee equipment purchase, layout and maintenance
- Monitor and evaluate performance and processes and drive continuous improvements
- Create functional objectives for each sub function within production
- Oversee staffing, scheduling and training for production teams
- Represent manufacturing in the Leadership of the company
- Optimise quality adherence, processing, materials management, packaging, etc
- Closely collaborate with other functions and exercise effective cross functional leadership in the plant
- Ensure production performance is optimised including production efficiency and manpower utilisation through rigorous OEE focus
- Ensure quality continuously remains the back-bone of the company
- Drive OHSHS and ISO adherence within the plants
- Develop and review annual manufacturing budgets
- Propose, prepare and execute initiatives to enhance profitability
- Bachelors Degree in Food Science or other related discipline, with added degree or training
- Strong operations mindset experienced in addressing production complexities
- At least 10 years’ experience working in production in supervisory or management roles
- At least 5 years’ experience leading a plant or manufacturing site
- Experience growing in a scaling business will be an added advantage
- Experience working in the Dairy industry or other quality food business is a must
Closing Date : 4th December, 2020