- Company: Jacaranda Health
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Kenya
Jacaranda Healthis a social enterprise and operates as a 501(c)3 in the US. Our mission is to transform maternal health care in East Africa and make pregnancy and childbirth safer for women and newborns. If you are interested in donating or partnering with Jacaranda Health, please visit our Donate page. Jacaranda’s staff is made up of professionals from diverse backgrounds in business and healthcare, supported by a network of advisors around the globe.
We currently run two large programs which focus on increasing health-seeking behavior amongst pregnant women/new moms through digital health (“PROMPTS”) and improving provider
knowledge and skills to handle emergency obstetrics through a mentor model (“MENTORS”).
Jacaranda has research and design components within each of these programs.
Our key metrics include:
- Increasing antenatal care attendance, postpartum care-seeking, skilled delivery care, postpartum family planning uptake, exclusive breastfeeding for 6 months, and knowledge of danger signs amongst pregnant women/new mothers
- Decreasing rates of maternal and neonatal mortality through proper management of delivery and immediate postpartum/newborn care, as well as through facility-level quality improvements
Please visit www.jacarandahealth.org for more details.
Job Summary: This role is seeking a Client Success Agent to work in the Help Desk team under the PROMPTS program. This individual will work with the Client Success Associate to ensure mothers in our helpdesk are getting the services they need.
We are looking for someone who is interested in building skills in customer service and health education. This person should be intelligent, passionate, and customer-centric.
The clinical helpdesk agent will report directly to the Client Success Associate.
This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Respond to 200+ questions each day from users via SMS (possibly other channels such as Facebook and Telegram as well)
- Make sure all questions are responded to within 1 hour (high priority questions) or 4 hours (lower priority questions) during working hours with possibility of working over the weekends or public holidays with overtime compensation
- Continuously update Q&A database as applicable and alert a supervisor if the messaging platform or FreshDesk stops functioning
- Ask for help if a medical response is needed (and not in the existing database) from a medical professional. Do not guess about medical information.
- Refer clients to the appropriate partner organization for specific issues (mental health, miscarriage/loss, abuse, etc)
- Understand clients’ perspectives and feedback on the services they have received and communicate insights to the Q&A team
- Progress reports should be shared with the supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Report daily to the supervisor on the number of questions answered and any possible challenge that needs to be addressed.
- Send a weekly report to the supervisor with a spreadsheet showing week’s progress
- Send a monthly report latest by 30th/31st on the month’s progress, questions answered, lessons learnt, successes, challenges, solutions provided and recommendations on how to improve the Q&A.
- Support in training new clinical help desk agents as needed.
- Any other duties
- Diploma or degree in Health Promotion or other health-related field
- 1-2 years of experience in Health
- 1-2 years of experience in customer-facing work, such as customer service, customer success, research, sales
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili; ability to translate written answers between these two languages
- Typing skills and willingness to improve typing skills
- Detail oriented and accurate in responding to queries
- Self-starter: interested in growing skills, giving and receiving feedback, self-aware
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Dependable and upholding highest level of honesty and confidentiality
- High attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and team-oriented
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to withstand demanding targets; does well under pressure
- Experience or familiarity with maternal or newborn health
- Familiarity with Google Drive
- Passion for mothers and children and providing them with health information is a MUST!
Contract Period: This is a full time position, on a one year contract basis, renewable subject to performance and availability of funding.
- You will be expected to work on a shift basis, totaling to 40 hours a week.
- Shifts will be set and communicated to you by your manager every week.
Closing Date : 20th November, 2020