- Company: Kenya Power
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Kenya
Kenya Powerowns and operates most of the electricity transmission and distribution system in the country and sells electricity to over 4.8 million customers (as at June 29, 2016). The Company’s key mandate is to plan for sufficient electricity generation and transmission capacity to meet demand; building and maintaining the power distribution and transmission network and retailing of electricity to its customers. The Government has a controlling stake at 50.1% of shareholding with private investors at 49.9%. Kenya Poweris listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. Mission Powering people for better lives.
Job Ref: HR: KP1/5B.2/1/3/1048
Reporting to Webmaster, under Corporate Communications Department, the Corporate Communication Officer, Digital Media will strengthen the Company’s communications team in maintaining and developing effective internal and external digital communications processes. The job holder will have day-to-day responsibility of maintaining the website(s) and intranet and supporting the delivery of the digital strategy.
The key tasks & duties for this position are;
- Participating in the development and deployment of creative, always-on digital communications strategy.
- Determining the best digital routes to internal and external audiences.
- Ensuring effectiveness and integrity of all content across the public facing website and intranet.
- Managing day to day editing requirements for the website and intranet.
- Ensuring that digital products such as documents and films are fit for purpose, and adhere to the branding.
- Using insight, research, social media listening tools and analytics to determine and promote meaningful online interactions with users.
- Providing basic project management and technical implementation skills to support the communications team to deliver a range of digital initiatives.
- Ensuring that Government standards for digital content accessibility are followed.
- Reviewing new technologies and keeping at the forefront of developments in digital media communications.
- Ensuring that external digital suppliers working practices are in accord with Company policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Media or related field. Diploma in Communication/Journalism/Digital Media will be an added advantage.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in Digital PR and Marketing. Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage
- Demonstrable success in developing and implementing a creative internal and external digital communication strategy.
- Demonstrable experience in managing crisis online.
- Strong contacts with bloggers, social media influencers.
- Excellent Communication skills – both written and spoken.
- Experience in online media buying: Facebook Blue Print Certification or Google Adwords Specialist/Certifications would be an added advantage
- Strong awareness of web usability and accessibility issues. Specialist knowledge of the technical aspects of website development and the environment in which these technologies and methodologies operate.
- Specialist knowledge of the IT software and hardware tools used to store, process, retrieve analyze and present information to website users within and external to the Company. Understanding and experience in using Google analytics or similar package.
- Ability to work on own initiative – especially in identifying opportunities.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize workload, meet strict deadlines.
- Strong personality and able to interact effectively with stakeholders at various levels.
Closing Date : 18th November, 2020