- Company: Storymoja Africa
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Storymoja is an ethical, small but fast-growing profit-making social enterprise that primarily publishes books for children. Storymoja is probably best known for its annual international festival and the Start-a-Library initiative. Our vision is to ‘Get a book in every hand.’ Our mission is to become a commercially profitable business that stimulates and benefits from a vibrant East African reading and writing culture. Our core values – (POPSIR) – we are passionate, open, path-breaking, smart, value integrity, and are responsive to our staff, customers, partner’s and client’s concerns.
To further stimulate the growth of Storymoja, we are currently seeking to recruit talented, progressive and team-oriented individuals to fill the position of a Digital Manager.
IMPORTANT: All the TWO (2) above mentioned steps must be followed. Applications not following all steps will automatically be disqualified.
Purpose of the position:
If you live and breathe digital marketing, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to develop commercially scalable audio-visual offerings, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Oversight responsibility for the management of digital sales platforms.
- Design and implement specialized digital marketing campaigns e.g. support live and online Storymoja events to create opportunities for social media buzz and sales.
- Oversight responsibility for all Storymoja Studio productions, including identifying and liaising with staff and subcontractors. Productions may include audiobooks, Ebooks, book trailers, Storymoja adverts and promotional videos, podcasts, animations, TV series, motion graphics and video bumpers, online curriculum and tutorial courses in video/film and animation formats.
- Conduct market and industry research and give periodic recommendations to Storymoja through your weekly updates and monthly reports.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize the user experience
- Utilize the strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touchpoints
- Instrument conversion points and optimizes user funnels
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned to you by your supervisor and/or management and are related to the achievement of Storymoja mission and vision.
The Right Candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing. Masters is an added advantage.
- Software, Web Design and Development Skills is an added advantage
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Demonstrable social media networking experience and Solid knowledge of website analytics tools
- Should have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution.
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Film or Studio engineering experience is a strong plus.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Excellent writing, editing (text/photo/video), presentation and communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across all departments to meet goals and deadlines.
Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Storymoja’s vision, mission and core values before considering applying.
Interested candidates are required to send an email to
with the following details:
- Cover Letter: clearly stating the position you are applying for, the region that you would like to be based in, current/last and expected salary.
- An updated C.V. (with at least three referees)
Closing Date : 20th November, 2020