- Company: Citi
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
Citibank N.A. Kenya has been operating in Kenya since 1974 and has two branches in Nairobi and Mombasa, serving Corporate and Institutional clients. Citibank Kenya is the regional hub for the CitiEast Africa cluster, which covers Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia. It’s the only solely corporate bank in Kenya. Businesses CitiKenya is structured around business segments, product groups, operations and technology and staff units. The business segment that caters to our diverse customer base is our Institutional Clients Group, which includes the global relationship banking services we provide for top-tier local corporate clients. As a part of our business focus and broader market reach, in 1999 we expanded our target market to cater to the emerging and vibrant middle and lower market tiers.
The job provides broad relationship support for Global Subsidiaries Group in Kenya. It provides an overall support function to the Relationship Managers in GSG to achieve business growth objectives for the portfolio. This includes KYC, credit analysis as well as general administrative support.
Customer Due Diligence:
- Preparation of KYC documents in line with institutional requirements.
- Ensure maintenance of high standards of due diligence in the portfolio
- Co-ordination with Compliance, Business Support Unit and Account Intelligence Unit in the preparation and approval of the KYC’s.
- Review and respond to additional information requests (AIR alerts) assigned to the unit.
- Support RMs on MCA and AML reviews.
- Support RM’s in the account opening process – GFCID creation, KYC, a/c opening.
Credit Documentation and Collateral Monitoring:
- Assist RMs in preparation of Letters of Offer, Letters of Interest, Proposals and any other customer correspondences for timely submission to the customers.
- Assist RMs on Review of facility agreements for term facilities.
- Ensure documents received adhere to the standard format and appropriate approvals are obtained for any exceptions.
- Tracking of deferrals and expiry of documentation. Follow up with the customer where necessary.
- Timely monitoring of collateral held and preparation of collateral monitoring worksheets.
Revenue Monitoring and Analysis/Strategy:
- Monitor revenues on a monthly basis in line with the GSG Strategy.
- Provide variance analysis to the GSG Head.
- Provide support to the GSG Head in tracking deliverables in line with the GSG Strategy.
Business Presentations, Industry Analysis and Customer Briefs:
- Provide RM support on preparation of business presentations to the customers.
- Preparation of customer briefs for senior management calls.
- Preparation of reports and presentations on the industries and corporate bank as a whole for senior management.
- Conducting research on industries/ aspects of business operations of clients with an aim to understand and seize business opportunities for the bank e.g. infrastructure growth, donor flows and multilateral agencies research
Credit Preparation and Approval:
- Support RMs in Credit Approval
- Provide support to RMs on preparation of credit memos, GL memos & RT placemats as a basis for discussion and approval.
- Tracking of covenants on a quarterly and semi annual basis and work with RM to ensure no expiries.
- Provide support on follow up of documents; follow up action items and TOD reports from CRMS.
- Prepare reviews and analysis to identify target segments to support RMs marketing.
- Assist RM’s with loan/OD repricing in conjunction with Operations.
- Assist with preparation of Deal pipeline report as well as any other reports to be used for this purpose.
- Prepare all departmental presentations.
- Coordinating events and Senior visits.
- Assist the team with general administrative tasks.
- Assist RM’s in resolving various client queries.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Business Writing Skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Good networking skills. Ability to build rapport quickly and deals with clients in a confident manner to establish trust
- Computer Skills: MS Office applications and other MIS systems.
- Time management
- Attention to detail.
- Effective management of diversity and change .
- Quality orientation
- Proactive and persuasive – able to work with the RM and products teams.
- Possess a strong customer service drive.
- College/university degree for new recruitment. Preferably with a financial background.
- Credit Risk: On job and in house training
- Compliance Training: AML/KYC, CADD
- Product Training: Trade and Trade Services, Cash Management, FX etc
- Fundamentals of Products (or self-study modules): Cash Mgmt, Trade, FX, and Derivatives etc.
- Software training as needed.
Closing Date : 5th December, 2020