- Company: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
This role is responsible for leading the HR planning, resourcing and HR Administration functions at the Authority.
- Oversee HR Planning, Resourcing, and Administration processes, systems and procedures, including development of work plans, reports and budgets
- Ensure that the Authority has the appropriate number of staff equipped with the relevant skills, knowledge (competencies) and attitudes to enable it attain its mission, vision, goals and objectives.
- Responsible for linking HR management to the Authority’s strategic plan and determine the current and future HR needs based on the strategic goals.
- Ensuring that records of all employees and matters pertaining to staff are maintained in a manner that is easily identifiable and retrievable without compromising its integrity and confidentiality, including facilitation of the development of filing systems, and maintaining the same to meet administrative, legal and financial requirements of the HR Division.
- Ensure effective and efficient service delivery of the Employee Resourcing and HR Administration functions including management of placement, transfer, deployment, and separations
- Lead or participate in HR and corporate projects and ensure that KRA’s people strategies reflect best practice including supporting research and data analysis on subject matters of interest to the Authority’s Human Resource and provide technical guidance to the other programs in HR.
- Oversee workforce demand and supply forecasting and submit proposals for approval while ensuring maintenance of KRA staff establishments and organization/departmental structures
- Monitor and evaluate divisions programs including Service Level Agreement, impact assessment and implementation of Corporate Plan and provide recommendations on key HR issues.
- Formulate plans for meeting workforce requirement and ensuring proper utilization of existing human resources to meet organizational objectives including implementing manpower requisitions and staff movements in accordance with the approved organization structure and staff establishment.
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the Section.
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the Section: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- A Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management or related field from a recognized institution.
- Post graduate Diploma/Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Membership to a Professional Body – IHRM
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ work experience in a similar role, three (3) of which should be at a management level in a similar-sized organization.
Closing Date : 22nd November, 2020