- Company: Schneider Electric
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Kenya
Schneider Electricis the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of â‚¬26.6 billion in FY2015, our 185,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies will reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
- Responsible for the management of a logistic territory.
- Assure the SC&L operations (responsible for transportation, logistic offer, and demand planning).
- Assure the evolution of the design of the supply chain within the logistic territory.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the management of the Distribution Center, assuring all the Supply Chain and Logistics operations to ensure the efficient fulfillment of the commercial logistic offer (CLO) to improve Customers Satisfaction
- Taking the lead to represent and implement main GSC and company policies, priorities, objectives, process requirements Supports and participates in audits including planning and implementing the overall supply chain strategy
- Assure and coordinate the Supply chain &Logistics operations for his/her logistic territory regarding transportation, logistic offer, demand planning.
- Resources Balance (MRP) for Raw materials components, sub-assemblies, and finished products by managing the customer needs and the replenishments backlog, ensure product availability by taking actions to solve backorders and shortages, analyze stock discrepancies and perform adjustments.
- Build strong local logistics competencies and ensure a targeted level of turnover
- Guarantee the respect of =S= policy & implementation of the local rules
- Actively Participate in the collaborative sales forecast (CSF) meeting in the country for forecast validation and stocking policy review to meet customers and market specifications. Participate in the weekly sales meeting, sharing monthly sales forecast and working assiduously to meet the target
- Support inventory optimization actions to reach inventory targets (DIG, Excess, Obsolescence, and NOC reduction)
- Manage and report all the SC related KPIs (OTDC, BOL, Unhealthy Stock, AC2,.) with root cause analysis and then develop action plans
- Identify process bottleneck, suggest solutions for improvements and implement in a timely manner
- Ensure the right focus and implementation on EHS action plans
- Implementation of a new MRP system (SAP)
- Manage the efficiency of the whole animation system
- Review monthly action plans with department managers
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain planning preferable.
- At least 10 years’ experience in logistics, supply chain, transport, and customs environment
- Proficient in SAP, Navision MRP systems
- Knowledge in transport and customs operations
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with our customers as well as vendors.
- Ability to manage the network of interconnected businesses involved in the provision of product and service for end customers and apply the understanding that supply chain management spans from movement and storage of raw materials to finished goods delivery at point-of-consumption into end-to-end process design and standards identification.
- Ability to accurately identify risks that affect supply, transformation, delivery, and customer demand and effectively analyze the probability, control, and impact of identified risks and develop strategies that minimize their impact on customers and the business.
- Ability to incorporate sustainability into logistics process design and execution throughout the lifecycles of goods and services while creating, protecting, and growing environmental, social, and economic value for stakeholders.
Closing Date : 6th December, 2020