- Company: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
In support of the Government’s Youth Initiative to develop a pool of young talent for the Kenyan Labour Market, KRA is seeking applications from fresh Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma graduates for its January to December 2021 Internship programme. Law degree holders pursuing the Advocates Training program (Pupils) at the Kenya School of Law will be engaged for six (6) months only.
The program aims at providing the Youth an opportunity for on-the job experience to build upon skills acquired at school and enhance their employability and is open within the various Support Services departments of the Authority in the following disciplines: Finance/Accounting, Economics/Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Human Resource, Marketing /Communications, Library & Information Science, Records Management, ICT, Hospitality, Security/Criminology, Project Management, Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Counselling Psychology, Disaster Management.
Requirements for engagement as an Intern
- Be a Kenyan Citizen aged between 20 and 35 years
- Must have graduated with a first Degree (undergraduate) or Diploma from a recognized institution between January 2020 and December 2020
- Must be available full time for the twelve months duration of the program
- Should not have undertaken any other internship or exposed to work experience in their area of specialization, after graduation.
- The deadline for application is Sunday 22nd November 2020.
- All applications must be submitted online via the process below.
- You can only apply for the opportunity after successfully registering in our e-recruitment portal.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- ONLY selected candidates will be contacted.
- The Authority does not guarantee employment after completion of the Internship program.
- The Authority does not extend the Internship program
- The Authority does not charge any fee for this process.
- Monthly Stipend payable is Kshs.15,000 and is subject to statutory deductions
- Once selected, candidates will be required to submit proof of a valid Personal Accident Insurance Cover, Certificate of Good Conduct, Copies of KRA PIN Certificate, NHIF, NSSF, ID card and Bank Account Details.
Closing Date : 22nd November, 2020