- Company: Ona
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Kenya
Onais a social enterprise that builds the data infrastructure to drive change. We believe technology affords new opportunities for governments and development organizations to be increasingly data driven, collaborative and accountable. Our goal is never simply to build a great product, but to support great outcomes.
There’s no such thing as a “safe system” – only safer systems. Our Site Reliability Engineering team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Ona’s users and developers.
Key role and responsibilities:
- As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks.
- Provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and user information.
- Work hands-on with our deployment systems and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions.
- Also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
- This role will report to the Site reliability engineering team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience analyzing the security of systems (penetration testing, Web Application security testing, vulnerability scanning, threat modeling, etc).
- Experience with concepts and practices such as data anonymization and classification, auditing access to data, and review of requests for data access.
- Experience in responding to security problems in target-rich environments, looking at security alerts, front-line analysis and response.
- 3 years of experience in a related role
- Expertise with malware analysis, including investigations of botnet and root-kit behavior.
- Expertise in leading analysis of large data sets and intrusion detection systems.
- Expertise with signals development, threat hunting and threat modeling.
- Experience with developing or analyzing Android applications
- Code maintenance and review experience in one or more general purpose languages.
- Understanding of technical privacy issues (cookie management, encryption), and experience with the software development lifecycle.
- Understanding and history of applying research to real world problems.
- Patience and negotiation skills with a track record of achieving good user outcomes.
- Ability to communicate across disciplines (e.g. engineering, legal, policy).
Closing Date : 6th December, 2020