- Company: Schneider Electric
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
Schneider Electricis the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of â‚¬26.6 billion in FY2015, our 185,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies will reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Senior Project Manager
- Responsible for management of customer projects across East Africa involving all departments (Site Management, Engineering, Logistics, Purchasing, Finance, Services)
- Manage large Customer projects following applicable company policies and processes (the main one being CPP: Customer Project Process).
- Manage the relationship with the customer and third parties within the project scope and accountable for the execution of the project in line with the contract.
- Contribute to project managers’ community of practice.
- Organize & manage the project team and suppliers. Monitor their progress in line with the Project plan (scope, schedule, and budget) till completion.
- Ensure effective communication within the team for best team coordination and motivation.”
- Manage project contract ensuring fulfillment of Schneider Electriccontractual obligations and application of its contractual rights.
- Ensure all appropriate actions to timely recover customer receivables (payments…) are done with the support of shared functions.”
- Monitor, control & report project execution status, progress & KPIs. Ensure full & effective reporting to management (reports, project reviews, …).
- Inform timely the management about project events impacting project performance or compliance with governance principles.”
- Assess the analysis of all kinds of risks & opportunities (Financial, technical, commercial, …) then define and carry till successful completion of necessary actions to avoid or mitigate risks and achieve opportunities. Manage claims & variation orders.
- Drive customer relationships (including end-user if applicable), leading and organizing all project team interaction with customer organizations (correspondences, emails, calls, meetings, …). Ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Take full accountability over project profitability (cost, cash flow & margin) including forecasting, engagements follow-up & re-forecasting. Ensure timely revenue recognition as per the forecast. Implement profitability improvement actions.
- Ensure the project team and suppliers are executing the project in full compliance with Schneider-Electric processes, quality instructions, and governance principles. Take all necessary actions to correct any deviations or quality issues occurring during project execution.
- Handle successfully Project transfer from Selling to Execution phases via proactive involvement with the Sales & Tendering team prior to the transfer.
- Contribute to the PM Community of Practice within his Execution Center and globally within the Execution Center network. Identify, formalize, share, and promote lessons learned and best practices.
- Engineering qualification
- Minimum 10 years of solid experience in a Customer Project environment
- Experience in managing equipment or transactional orders is a plus
- Cross-functional and cross border experiences is a plus
- Strong communication skills, effective in a cross-cultural environment to foster collaboration toward a common goal
- Proven leadership skills in project context focusing despite stress and headwinds on business objectives
- Ability to understand, influence & convince in a complex matrix organization
Closing Date : 6th December, 2020