- Company: University of Nairobi Enterprises and Services (UNES)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
UNES is the Commercial arm of the University charged with responsibility of inculcating entrepreneurial and best business practices to the overall University. The Company provides Institutional and Research consultancy, Professional Trainings and Product Innovations in several thematic areas. Further, UNES provides Bookstores, Hospitality and Financial Management commercial activities to the University community and the public at large.
Contract Duration: Three Years with Six Months Probationary Period
The manager will be the driving profitability of Bookstores through implementation of the planned strategies, positioning the products in the appropriate markets and enhancing quality and operational efficiency in the department.
- Development of Bookstore Strategies, Business Plans and Budgets
- Development and Management of Client Contracts, Partnership Agreements, Commercial Leases, and Other Commercial Policies and Legal Requirements
- Advising Management on the implementation of Development and Growth Strategies
- Setting Performance Targets and Supervising Technical and Support Staff to ensure efficient service delivery and customer satisfaction
- Reviewing product costing and pricing
- Development of Business Proposals and Memorandum of Understandings (MOU)
- Sourcing for new opportunities, partnerships, collaboration and networks
- Ensuring compliance to Policies, Statutory & Regulatory Regulations and Procedures that support efficient and effective business operations.
- Undergraduate Degree in B.Com/BA/BMng or equivalent
- At least 6 years experience in a management position of a preferably in a Bookshop or a Retail Supply Chain
- Good Sales and Marketing Skills
- Sound knowledge of industry dynamics
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Deep Knowledge of Local and International procurement Regulations
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to interpret Financial Performance of the retail business
- Ability to monitor stock movement, Revenue, and debt collection
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of foreign exchange edging
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, preferably Marketing is an added advantage
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date
- Names of three referees with their contacts
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download here) fully filled and signed
- Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
All applications to reach the undersigned strictly via the following email
Hard Copies will not be accepted.
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration
N/b: Only Shortlisted Applicants Shall Be Contacted. Unes Does Not Require Any Payment In Order To Process Your Applications.
Unes Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Women And Persons With Disability Are Encouraged To Apply
Closing Date : 17th November, 2020