- Company: Lean Energy Solutions
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Lean Solutions Group is comprised of Lean Energy SolutionsLtd, Lean Solutions Tanzania. We deal with Boiler Conversion, Manufacturing of Lean Briqs, Comprehensive Energy Audits
Business Development Associate (Grant Writing)
We are looking for a proven and passionate writer to join our grant writing team.
You will report to a managing director, immediately take on a portfolio of reports and proposals for grants. This is a career-track position, with multiple pathways to management based on performance and preference.
- Write grant reports and proposals. Crafts powerful prose about Lean Energy SolutionsLtd, work and customers, with emphasis on strong logical flow, hard data, and environment-centric perspectives. This is a backend role; you will partner with our front-end fundraisers to tailor each piece to each donor through a collaborative drafting process.
- Manage complex projects. We expect writers to “own” all stages of a writing project, with support from management. You will set and manage timelines, coordinate input from multiple teams, and ensure error-free work, typically for 2-3 overlapping projects at any one time.
- Invest in program fluency.To be effective, writers must develop and sustain a deep working knowledge of Lean Energy Solutionsoperating context, model, results, and future plans. For individual projects, you will also often conduct additional research into potential donors or specific aspects of our work
- Process fundraising-related correspondence received
- Provide ad hoc writing/research support to senior team members
- Contribute to team-wide writing tools/systems
- Periodically evaluate progress towards the completion of project deliverables to verify alignment with strategic directions and defined targets. Ensure excellence within-budget and on-time delivery of activity and financial results and reports.
- Engage/Collaborate/Meet with Corporates and organizations supporting startups and innovation in Africa
- Provide technical support to senior management’s efforts to develop new and innovative partnerships;
- Preparing investment memos, financial models, financial projections and valuations.
- Build systems to promote compliance with the terms of grants and agreements.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2+ years of professional writing experience. This can include – but is not limited to – professional experience in grant writing.
- Language: English
Closing Date : 20th November, 2020