- Company: I&M Bank
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya – IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
I&M Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of I&M Holdings Limited, a publicly quoted company at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). The bank possesses a rich heritage in banking.
REF: HOAS/11/2020 – RELATIONSHIP MANAGER CHINESE SPEAKING – CORPORATE BANKING
The position will be responsible for marketing to new and existing Chinese clients to help grow a quality loan and deposit book. The role will also be responsible for the retention and growth of Chinese clients; growing wallet share as well as effective & pro-active management of relationships aimed at ensuring a delightful client experience.
The Incumbent will report to the General Manager Corporate and Institutional Banking and will be responsible for:
- Prospecting for Chinese business opportunities and offering the full range of Banking products and services such as personal accounts, current accounts, loans, fixed deposit accounts, card products, Internet Banking, Home Loans, Commercial Advances by way of Working Capital, Term Loans, Hire Purchase, Asset Financing, Insurance Premium Finance, Letters of Credit and Letters of Guarantees;
- Documenting account opening and executing all KYC documents to facilitate account opening and all Bank’s products and services;
- Obtaining related financial documents to be able to put forward any new borrowing requests from the client with the assistance of a Credit Analyst;
- Preparing call reports with recommendations and submitting for consideration by approvers;
- Providing feedback to the client on the outcome of their request and providing other solutions which could be beneficial to them in the long run;
- Making regular client visits to review business requirements, assessing assets under securities held or offered and submitting call reports;
- Cross selling the Bank’s and Group’s products.
- Conducting reviews and renewals for existing relationships for clients enjoying various Credit facilities by proposing and recommending Credit Appraisals with the assistance of Credit Analysts;
- Making regular customer meetings and visits to build and grow the relationship;
- Reviewing Loan excess and arrears reports on a weekly basis and providing comments for all accounts listed. This involves making daily follow ups with clients to ensure that their accounts are conducted within their sanction limits and any irregular excess are regularized within the shortest time possible;
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Marketing or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience
- Ability to write letters, comprehensive reports and to perform calculations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good financial analysis skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Good networking skills
- Ability to speak Chinese language
If you believe you meet the above requirements log onto our website www.imbank.com and click on careers and apply for the position or forward your application to
Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.
Closing Date : 18th November, 2020