- Company: One Acre Fund
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
One Acre Fundis a nonprofit organization that supplies smallholder farmers in East Africa with asset-based financing and agriculture training services to reduce hunger and poverty.
About The Role
- You will lead Kenya’s payroll and reward management function within the Human Resources Department.
- You will report to the Human Resources Lead and manage a team of 2 – 3 direct reports.
- You will be expected to:
- Design improvements in One Acre Fund’s reward management strategy.
- Advise Department & Division leaders on payroll and reward management.
- Ensure all staff and leaders have an excellent experience when working with the Payroll team
- Payroll Management: Ensure accurate and efficient processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, taxes, and other relevant deductions.
- Reward Management: Contribute to the development of the program’s payroll and reward strategy, ensuring that policy and practice support the organization’s goals.
- Reporting: Prepare and distribute relevant payroll reports based on the needs of the organization.
- Team Leadership: Build the competence of the team to perform all tasks within the Payroll and Reward Management system.
- Continuous improvement: Implement and strengthen payroll management baseline performance metrics on an ongoing basis.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Over 2 years experience leading a payroll and reward management function.
- Experience working with and implementing payroll management systems.
- Experience managing payroll for large teams (over 3,000 staff).
- Knowledge of current statutory and regulatory requirements relating to payroll management.
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Closing Date : 19th December, 2020