- Company: Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital(RUNH) is proving every single day that it is possible to deliver healthcare to all with quality and commitment.
“Article 25 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights declares every person is entitled to the right to health. Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital(RUNH) is proving every single day that it is possible to deliver healthcare to all with quality and commitment. RUNH was founded by World Friends in partnership with the Catholic Archdiocese of Nairobi and CISP and has been offering quality healthcare at affordable prices to our Nairobi communities since 2009.
- Provision of Radiology Services
- Receive written requests for radiology services and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Perform diagnostic imaging examinations like x rays, ultrasound, and mammography as may be required.
- Produce x-ray films (radiographs) for use in diagnosing medical problems.
- Prepare patients for radiologic examinations by explaining the procedure, assist them to prepare for the procedure, position them appropriately for the procedure, and observe them to ensure safety and comfort during procedures.
- Position radiographic equipment at the correct angle and height over the appropriate area of a patient’s body.
- Prevent unnecessary exposure to radiation and ensure use of radiation protective devices by workers and visitors accessing exposed areas.
- Follow physicians’ and radiologist orders precisely and conform to regulations concerning the use of radiation to protect themselves, their patients, and their co-workers from unnecessary exposure.
- Maintain inventory for X-ray films, reagents and consumables and work in liaison with the Administrator to ensure that X-ray films, reagents and consumables are ordered and delivered on time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Level of Education
- At least KCSE mean grade C.
- Diploma in Medical Imaging
Specialized Training / Professional Qualifications
- Must be registered by the Radiation Protection Board.
Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- High level of integrity and a professional attitude.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a good team player
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details, and high level of accuracy.
- Good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
Relevant Job Experience
At least four (4) years’ experience in a similar position
Applications to be submitted through