- Company: Murang’a County
- Location: Kenya
- State: Muranga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
Murang’a Countyis one of the five counties in the Central region of the Republic of Kenya. It is bordered to the North by Nyeri, to the South by Kiambu, to the West by Nyandarua and to the East by Kirinyaga, Embu and Machakos counties. It lies between latitudes 0o 34’ South and 107’ South and Longitudes 36o East and 37o 27’ East. The county occupies a total area of 2,558.8Km2.
Job Group ‘K’
No of Positions: 2
- Reporting to the Hospital Engineer – Biomedical, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring proper functioning, safety and sound condition of all medical equipment at ICU & Theatre, and that they are in optimum working condition and available for use at all times amongst the following other responsibilities;
- Ensure all bio-medical equipment in ICU and Theatre are included on the Preventive Maintenance Master Schedule.
- Ensure on schedule preventive maintenance, and timely repairs to ICU and Theatres to eliminate downtime.
- Maintain files and records of all job cards, PPM schedules and tasks as performed.
- Timely handling of all biomedical equipment job requests in ICU and Theatre.
- Ensure continuous training of Bio-medical equipment users and to ensure safe machine handling.
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of medical equipment, report and implement recommendations.
- Identify gaps and risks in biomedical equipment and share with head of department for execution.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirement for appointment
- Degree in Bio -Medical Engineering from a recognized institution with atleast 2 years’ experience in a maintenance function in a busy facility, or a Higher diploma in Biomedical engineering with atleast 2 years’ experience in a busy ICU.
- Demonstrated experience in Maintenance management.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience, in a maintenance function in a busy hospital industry.
- Proven two years’ experience in ICU & Theatre.
- Excellent organizational, decision-making and planning skills.
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Computer literacy skills with demonstrated knowledge.
and details of the vacancy on the particular vacancy. Applications should be submitted to the County Public Service Board offices in a sealed envelope addressed to:
Murang’a CountyPublic Service Board
P.O. Box 52-10200
Applicants from other Counties are encouraged to apply.
- Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Women, minorities and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date : 2nd December, 2020