- Company: Turner &Townsend
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
The Project Director handle commissions of varying sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project, etc. Typically, projects fall within the $50m to $100m range. However, where the service provided is advisory in nature, for example advising on urban re-generation funding, the overall project size may be much larger.
- Advising at a strategic level at the project conception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives
- Leading the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project.
- Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan
- Advising upon the procurement of resources
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance
- Managing the change control process
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Ensuring the production of formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
Marketing and Business Development
- Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new Turner & Townsend clients
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities
- Working with Associate Directors and Directors to construct bids for new work
- Attending formal client pitches with Assistant Directors and Directors
- Ensuring that project case study, photograph and project CV files are kept up to date
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve project management products and services
- Understanding the Turner & Townsend 2+2=5 philosophy and identifying and acting upon cross-divisional opportunities
Internal Management Accountabilities
- Staff management (where appropriate) – Inputting into the formal management of an Assistant Project Manager or small project management team, to include 1st round recruitment interviews, input into resource management and attendance at junior staff appraisals
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each project is input into the Turner & Townsend internal database
- Financial management – Ensuring prompt client invoicing and utilising FMS in order to monitor a project’s financial status
- Process improvement – Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- The ideal candidates are likely to be degree qualified in a construction or engineering related discipline.
- Candidates should possess formal project management qualifications or should be working towards them.
- Experience of project delivery through all stages of the lifecycle
- Good communication skills and ability to manage a team and control multiple projects
- Must have a clear understanding and experience in FIDIC
- Experience of FIDIC (Yellow Book) forms of contract will be a distinct advantage
- Experience of working on Roads is highly desirable with at least 10 years in experience.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Closing Date : 24th December, 2020